| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | MILLS SCOFIELD
NOVEMBER 30, 2011 Status Quophiles and Quophobes
Ever know anyone who will explicitly say he/she doesn't think innovation is important? So listen carefully for the magic word - "but". Some of you know how much I love to challenge the status quo so here's my theory: Status Quophiles see the glass as half empty and want to make sure it doesn't become totally empty. Do these sound familiar? And (ha!)
| | MILLS SCOFIELD
NOVEMBER 5, 2011 Lessons From BIF-7
I’m tired of all the “Woe is America” stuff – we’ve lost our innovation edge, we’re stagnating, etc. What I see is the opposite – incredible innovation in products, services, processes and business models. It’s just not in the mainstream media. Lesson: You can’t build on broken. Bright Spots ?
| || || |
| || | MILLS SCOFIELD
MARCH 6, 2011 The Art of the Dumb Question
When I was a child, my parents always answered a question with an answer that led to another question. So early on, I learned to just keep asking questions. It drove my teachers nuts (don’t get me started on education!) and drives my husband nuts (like that’s the only reason!).
| | MILLS SCOFIELD
APRIL 21, 2011 Paradox of Innovation & Intellectual Property
Yesterday was the 3rd Open Innovation Summit at BW's Center for Innovation & Growth: Practical Challenges of Global Open Innovation featuring P&G. Too much happened for one post so I'm going to do one on each panelist's story and discussion, starting with Kelly McDow, Associate General Counsel for P&G's Connect+Develop.
| || || || |
MILLS SCOFIELD P&G: A Very Early Open Innovation Adopter
| MONDAY, APRIL 25, 2011
(This post ends the summary of fabulous stories and interactions at the 3rd Open Innovation (OI) Summit at BW's Center for Innovation & Growth: Practical Challenges of Global Open Innovation featuring P&G on April 21st.) Chris has been interviewed, quoted, written [.]. MORE >>
MILLS SCOFIELD Invention without Commercialization = Extinction, not Innovation
| MONDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2011
My job at Bell Labs was to invent and create. We dreamed up all sorts of wonderful solutions to problems that did and didn't exist. But how did we learn about these problems? Some we just thought up. Some came from AT&T corporate product management & marketing. AT&T corporate product managers and marketers [.]. MORE >>
MILLS SCOFIELD Mentoring Paradox
| WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2011
I believe mentoring is a gift for the mentee and the mentor. Throughout my career, I’ve been blessed with incredible mentors who, perhaps unknowingly, taught me how to mentor. It’s something I take seriously and joyfully. It is a paradox - an incredibly selfless thing that is also very selfish. Recently, my mentoring has increased. MORE >>
MILLS SCOFIELD For Innovation, Best Practice is a Verb not a Noun!
| SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2011
But, one of the big mistakes companies make is adopting "best practices" instead of ada [.]. Smartfailing Scientific Method Return On Failure Prototype Management Innovation Strategy Innovation Culture Innovation Failure Analysis Failure Fail Fast Fail Cheap Experiment Disruptive Innovation Culture Best Practice 21st Century MORE >>
MILLS SCOFIELD Innovation: The Age of the Heretic
| THURSDAY, JULY 7, 2011
For some reason, I've always been fascinated with the word "heretic" Perhaps it's the Devil's Advocate in me (oh! What a pun!). Perhaps its because I love being ‘heretical.' Perhaps its because being heretical is key to innovating. And this word has been around for millennia! MORE >>
- Living Well via Open Innovation MILLS SCOFIELD | SUNDAY, APRIL 24, 2011
- Lens Shifting: Leading Indicators for Innovation MILLS SCOFIELD | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 12, 2011
- Lexington Kentucky - Entrepreneurs Take Charge! MILLS SCOFIELD | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2011
- Happy or Valuable New Year? MILLS SCOFIELD | MONDAY, JANUARY 3, 2011
- Incumbentitis ? The Anti-Innovation Disease MILLS SCOFIELD | FRIDAY, JULY 8, 2011
- BIF-6 Summed Up: Optimism-Hope-Trust-Innovation MILLS SCOFIELD | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2010
- What Area of Innovation is the Hardest? MILLS SCOFIELD | SUNDAY, MARCH 27, 2011
- Unrealistic Expectations of Innovation & Entrepreneurs MILLS SCOFIELD | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2011
- Packaging up Innovation & Radical Management MILLS SCOFIELD | TUESDAY, JULY 19, 2011
- Paradox of Innovation and Status Quo MILLS SCOFIELD | SUNDAY, JULY 24, 2011
- Sustaining Collaboration - Part II: The Journey Continues MILLS SCOFIELD | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2011
- Reinventing Management - A Process MILLS SCOFIELD | MONDAY, JANUARY 31, 2011
- Thanksgiving of Trust MILLS SCOFIELD | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2011
- Innovation relies on Hope that "it's" Possible MILLS SCOFIELD | FRIDAY, APRIL 15, 2011
- Looking for Models in all the wrong places? MILLS SCOFIELD | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2011
- Innovation High-Five MILLS SCOFIELD | SUNDAY, JANUARY 6, 2013
- Season of Giving - Gift of Work MILLS SCOFIELD | MONDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2011
- Turning Inn-Oi-Vey-Tion into Innovation MILLS SCOFIELD | MONDAY, MARCH 28, 2011
- Sustaining Collaboration for Decades MILLS SCOFIELD | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2011
- Why is Execution so Hard??? MILLS SCOFIELD | FRIDAY, JULY 1, 2011
- The 21st Century of Oxymorons & Paradoxes MILLS SCOFIELD | WEDNESDAY, JULY 27, 2011
- 50 Ways to Leave your Lover: Keep Failing Til the Last Thing You Try Is Successful MILLS SCOFIELD | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2011
Leadership Digital can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.