| || |
| | LEADING BLOG
MARCH 9, 2012 Hiring for Attitude
“Most new hires do not fail on the job due to lack of skill,” says Mark Murphy. Attitude is a bigger issue than skill. Consequently, most of our approaches to selecting the right people for the job are dead wrong. Emotional Intelligence (23%): The ability to understand and manage one’s own emotions and accurately assess others' emotions.
| | LEAD CHANGE BLOG
MARCH 9, 2012 5 Uncomfortable Observations About Workforce Diversity
Posted in Leadership Development We base our first impressions on external appearance. Grooming. Teeth. Attire. Accessories. Accent. We notice scuffs on shoes, extra pounds, and age. Then, we unconsciously jump to conclusions about the person’s potential and abilities. When we reflexively act from a prejudiced place, are we really prizing diversity?
| | LEADERSHIP FREAK
MARCH 9, 2012 Leadership Lessons From Car Tires
Organizations and individuals remain stuck because they don’t understand and/or can’t endure the disorienting unbalance “new” always creates. Wise leaders understand prepare for, accept, and work through the pains of disequilibrium. Unbalance always precedes balance. From the garage: The tires on your car are balanced on spin balance machines.
| | CHRIS BRADY
MARCH 9, 2012 Electronic FAST
All things in moderation, they say. Most of us would agree with that statement, at least in general. But who among us couldn't be convicted of extremism in at least one category or another? Consider. [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]. LLR Daily Application
| || || || |
- Team Building is the Unseen Part of Better Teamwork
Every office manager, athletic coach or school principal wants a workplace with better teamwork, but without team building the behaviors that you define as evidence of teamwork will likely go unseen. It is only the tip of the iceberg that is your organizational culture. Isn’t that the same thing that sometimes happens with your people? MORE >>
- Conversations: Crucial Conversations, Fierce Conversations – Have those Conversations!
As I have written many times, “you accomplish what you meet about.” (I learn this and have this reinforced from so many sources, but it is especially described in vivid detail, with a clear action plan, in the excellent book Mastering the Rockefeller Habits by Verne Harnish). Meetings are simply well planned conversations. And conversations [.]. MORE >>
LINKED 2 LEADERSHIP Coaching for a Leadership Change
| FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
One of the many issues surrounding leadership is how to inspire change in followers. Central to this idea is this question: “What is the most effective way to get people to change?” Chay Chay Chay Change… This question comes up all the time when talking to leaders. And when the question is posed in a [.]. MORE >>
KEVIN EIKENBERRY Measure Carefully
| FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
Today, a metaphorical quotation packing a powerful punch. “The only man who behaves sensibly is my tailor; he takes my measure anew each time he sees me, while all the rest go on with their old measurements and expect them to fit me.” Leadership Learning Quotations expectations George Bernard Shaw MORE >>
TANVEER NASEER Are You Effective In Giving Praise To Your Employees?
| FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
When it comes to what we communicate to our employees, few messages have as much impact as offering words of praise to those we lead. The importance of praise to an organization’s success has been shown in numerous studies performed by management experts, psychologists, and neurologists. And for almost no effort at all.” MORE >>
- Boss's Tip of the Day: Manage behavior and performance THREE STAR LEADERSHIP | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- There are Days When. EXECUPUNDIT | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- The Success of Failure WOMEN ON BUSINESS | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- Handy Lines for Common Sense Management EXECUPUNDIT | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- 3/9/12: Weekend Imagination Igniters THREE STAR LEADERSHIP | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- Music Break: Great Song/Bizarre Video EXECUPUNDIT | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- I like history, but… RON EDMONDSON | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- Quote of the Day EXECUPUNDIT | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- Why The Universe Doesn’t Drop What We Want In Our Lap. RICH GEE GROUP | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- Jason Garrett: The “Quiet” Coach FIRST FRIDAY BOOK SYNOPSIS | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- Cinnamon, Teen Peer Pressure and Self-Esteem BUILDING PERSONAL STRENGTH | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- The Importance of Connecting with Lower-level Employees LDRLB | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- This April we’ll be showering you with training opportunities BUD TO BOSS | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- The Watchman’s Rattle: A book review by Bob Morris FIRST FRIDAY BOOK SYNOPSIS | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- Strengths-Based Ministry DEEP IMPRINTS | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- 7 top tips for building rapport MY OWN COACH | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- 7 Steps to Enhance U.S. Competitiveness HARVARD BUSINESS REVIEW | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- Leadership Lessons From Car Tires LEADERSHIP FREAK | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- A CEO Succession Horse Race Isn't Such a Bad Idea HARVARD BUSINESS REVIEW | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- Thank You From Marilyn, Roald, and John EXECUPUNDIT | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- How a New Partnership Can Help Smaller Firms Win HARVARD BUSINESS REVIEW | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
Leadership Digital can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.