| || |
| | MANAGING LEADERSHIP
SEPTEMBER 9, 2009 Wandering in to work
When I joined the US Marine Corps, it wasn’t to become a Marine, but a lawyer. had finally decided what I wanted to be when I grew up, but I didn’t have the financial resources to get there. So, I enlisted in order to qualify for the GI Bill benefits, which help military members pursue a college education. It never relented, and neither did we.
| | WOMEN'S LEADERSHIP EXCHANGE
SEPTEMBER 9, 2009 Where Do You See Leadership Today?
Yesterday, I noticed leadership all around me. Justice Sonia Sotomayor took her seat on the Supreme Court. President Obama gave an inspiring speech to school children. Ambassador to Afghanistan Eikenberry told President Karzai not to declare victory without certification among rumors of vote-rigging. Is this what you do?" he asked. Will you?
| | MANAGING COMMUNITIES
SEPTEMBER 10, 2009 10 (Super Fun!) Ways You Can Kill Your Online Community
photo credit: Caveman 92223 — On the Road Again! Recently, on the e-mint discussion list, a member was asking for some suggestions for a list of 10 ways to kill your online community, with some humor. Taking approximately 10-15 minutes, I came up with a quick, fun, spur of the moment list and I thought [.].
| | MANAGING LEADERSHIP
SEPTEMBER 10, 2009 Waking up at work
We’ve all heard the standard bits of wisdom about making a career choice – do what you are passionate about, pick a field that has a future of growth and advancement, look for a career that can tolerate your evolving lifestyle preferences ranging from location to marriage and family – and the like. But is that how it really works? Somewhere.
| || || || |
UTPAL WRITES Distinction Between Issues And Problems And How To Deal With Them
| SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2009
A most common snag in problem solving is to confuse problems with issues. Most people use both of these words interchangeably which is incorrect. An issue is essentially a point of question; an item of controversy MORE >>
CROSSDERRY BLOG PM Quote of the Day — Erma Bombeck
| FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2009
Car designers are just going to have to come up with an automobile that outlasts the payments. Erma Bombeck captures the essence of the planned obsolescence… Posted in PMO Tagged: Dodge Caliber, Erma Bombeck, planned obsolescence MORE >>
ORRIN WOODWARD Total Success
| WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2009
Here is a clip from a talk given to MonaVie Team members on the importance of building a business community for total success. Success is more than just money. Leading scholars, historians and social scientist have listed at least 5 MORE >>
LEAD ON PURPOSE Guest Post: Talk is Cheap!
| TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2009
Make communication with employees your priority during times of economic adversity. By Albert J. Weatherhead. If you're a business leader, you don't have to confront tough economic times alone. You have incredibly knowledgeable and MORE >>
WOMEN IN THE LEAD IN COMMEMORATION 9/11: The Strength to Begin Again
| FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2009
istock_000006240995xsmall It seems that 9/11 seems more than a commemoration of just that tragic day years ago. So much since has happened that makes it serve as a compelling symbol of all that has gone wrong in our world MORE >>
- HR managers 'should consider Facebook breaks' CHARTERED MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2009
- A new Leadership Development Carnival LEAD ON PURPOSE | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2009
- I’m Attending IZEAFest 2009 in Orlando (October 1-4) MANAGING COMMUNITIES | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2009
- WOMEN: RISKS.are you afraid of them? WOMEN IN THE LEAD | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2009
- Distinction Between Issues and Problems and How to Deal With Them SELF HELP ZEN | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2009
- Bikram, Bootism & Promises to Self… ANESE CAVANAUGH | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2009
- (Yet Another) Extreme Leadership Educator STEVE FARBER | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2009
- Why I Don't Want to Be a Tolerant Person | Guy Harris: The. THE RECOVERING ENGINEER | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2009
- Can I Join You in the Pool – A Question that Muslim Women Are. WOMEN IN THE LEAD | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2009
- Environment, Joy & Leadership…Are Yours In Sync? ANESE CAVANAUGH | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2009
- Join Us in Dubai? STEVE FARBER | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2009
- Ask For Help ERIC JACOBSON | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2009
- Ravi Pratap Singh: Reward Systems – Is “Kerr's Folly” Alive? RAVI PRATAP SINGH | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2009
- Leadership Development Carnival – September 2009 UTPAL WRITES | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2009
- Book Review: Emotional Capitalists – The New Leaders MANAGING LEADERSHIP | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2009
- Close Your Door ERIC JACOBSON | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2009
- Join the GTY Project on Linkedin STEVE FARBER | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2009
- What Lessons Did You Learn From Your Last Project That Failed? UTPAL WRITES | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2009
- Fear of failure MANAGING LEADERSHIP | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2009
- Think About What You Liked ERIC JACOBSON | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2009
- Acknowledge Personal Milestone Events ERIC JACOBSON | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2009
- Help Your Employees Learn From Their Mistakes ERIC JACOBSON | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2009
- Everyday Status Meeting – An Absolute Project Killer | Utpal Writes UTPAL WRITES | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2009
- What an Energy-Rich Project Leader Does to Make the Project a Success UTPAL WRITES | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2009
- Glad To Be a Part of blogchai Family UTPAL WRITES | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2009
- Eleven Qualities to Hunt for While Interviewing a Potential Manager UTPAL WRITES | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2009
Leadership Digital can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.